Wednesday 30 April 2014

I'm on leave currently and I had actually done up a list of things to do, as I have nothing in particular in mind for this leave. There were 7 things on my list:


  1. Complete extras decks for Swift Swords Underworld.
  2. Create more shelf space for my games in the games room
  3. Do up a very literal fun dungeon
  4. Do Gobbos cards
  5. Print my collection of geomorph tiles
  6. Rewrite SSU rules
  7. Swap my painting table around for the computer table. 

So far I have actually done a few of them. I did 6, a rewrite of the SS Underworld rules book, and its a lot better now. I also did 1, but in the process redeveloped the whole game.  Instead of having a fairly big initial game package I stripped out all but the basic decks and made the others into expansions.  It seems a much better method to me.  I got so into it that I created two whole new decks as expansions - Potions and Enchantments.  You can find them as at http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=3986 if you are into PnP files.  I made the base game free, and the expansions Pay What You Like, will be interesting to see what happens.

As part of the process of updating the whole thing I also got to send emails to everyone who had looked at the old game, to tell them it had been updated. That seems to be working pretty good too as I am getting a lot of people re-downloading.

I need to redo the Gamecrafter files (physical product), but that will take longer as you have to proof every card. It did mean that the price dropped a little, from $70 to $60. Thats still too high but nothing much I can do about it. Be interesting to see what the expansion decks come out price wise.

Thats all I have done from the list however... but I still have some time left to go.

1 comment:

  1. Why have you never mentioned this to me Master Flynn? I am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete